Thank you for stopping buy. Please leave a comment and don't forget to follow me.

Please remember these are my personal thoughts from meditation. I apologize in advance if anything offends or if you think I've posted anything inappropriate. I am constantly open to bettering myself and helping others learn from my experience. Thank you for you time.

Friday, November 18, 2011

What do you think the difference is between a skill and a talent?

I am subsribed to Cobus Potgieter and would suggest it to anyone

I am one of the, I do not know how many, unemployed Americans. I worked with my last employer for 5 years. Unlike some of the more logical people I know this guy right here quit his job. I don't want to be posting too much personal information about myself for fear of damaging my reputation in my professional carer. What I will tell you is that I have written and rewritten my resume and cover letter over and over again just one too many times. I have been very busy furthering my skills as a professional. It has been a tremendous task trying to sum up the last 10 years of my life onto to the front of one piece of paper. Just in the last 5 years I have seen nearly seventy productions from first conception to final performance. In between and sometimes simultaneously with those productions during free time or during the times were I was able to bend the fabric of space-time and create more time to manage just over three hundred special events. For 10 years I had the good fortune to manage performances in 23 continental US states. Working with many different types of performers, designers and directors to include actors, dancers, singers, musicians, orchestras, bands, magicians, ballets, figure skaters, impersonators, comedians, high school one act competitions, state and national conferences and conventions, and the list goes on and on and on. I have worked with and learned from the most talented and skilled professionals and amateurs in the entertainment industry.
Once I was able to recall about 95% of the last 10 years and put it all in one place where I can actually see all of it at one time I started to get philosophical on myself. Even though I have bettered old skills and learned even more new ones I just didn't feel satisfied with where my carer had lead me. Working on my resume I began to judge myself wondering how other perspective employers would judge me on my cover letter and resume. I want a future employer to hire me based on knowing who I am and the skills and talents I can bring to any table. Skills and Talents go hand in hand so in my head finding the similarities seems easy. Which lead to me to ponder and meditate on the differences between the two.




Photos by Richard Calmes (found him on facebook)

How I am thinking of it is:
Skills are learned to obtain the necessary resources for sustaining life. Talents are gifts from God meant for Charity and for the maintaining of Humanity.

I want to ponder more on this thought before I try to go any further.

Please give me some feedback:

Do you think the video posted is skill or talent?
Do you think the pictures are skills or talents?

Please let me know what you think, Thank You <3

No comments: